Becoming a Certified Executive Club Chef (CECC) through the Club + Resort Chef Association requires a combination of education, certification, and experience. Candidates must complete a comprehensive application and submit supporting documentation, including their resume, professional references, and letters of recommendation.
To achieve CECC certification, candidates must successfully submit the following criteria:
- Documentation demonstrating at least five years of experience as an Executive Chef in a club or resort
- A certificate proving the successful completion of advanced wine training
- A certificate proving the successful completion of food safety training
- A certificate proving attendance at a Chef to Chef Conference
- A letter of recommendation detailing their character and commitment to culinary and operational excellence written by either a board member, a board of governors, or someone with the following title within a club or resort operation: General Manager, CEO, COO, or CFO.
- A letter detailing the candidate's proven track record of team management, organizational and coaching skills written by either a GM, CEO, COO, CFO, a member of an educational entity, an ACF Certified Master Chef, or a Worldchefs Certified Master Chef.
- Three original recipes with high-resolution photos of dishes used on an a la carte menu or for a specialty dinner prepared at your club.
- Four of the following electives must be achieved:
- Earned a gold or silver medal in a culinary competition sanctioned by the ACF or WACS
- Competed in the IKA Culinary Olympics, Bocuse D’or, International Catering Cup, Hotelympia (London) or Culinary World Cup
- Presented at a Chef to Chef Conference or Club + Resort Chef Webinar
- Competed in the Club + Resort Chef of the Year competition
- Coached or mentored a ProStart or Skills USA culinary team in preparation for competition
- Attended at least two culinary continuing education events in the past five years
- Mentored culinary apprentices, ran an apprenticeship program, or evaluated at an apprentice graduation
- James Beard Foundation Guest Chef at the Beard House
- Inducted into the Honorable Order of the Golden Toque
- Featured Chef of an Escoffier Society, Les Dames d'Escoffier International, Chaîne des Rôtisseurs or American Academy of Chefs Event
- Member of the American Academy of Chefs
- Recipient of a Michelin star, four or five stars from Forbes, or four or five diamonds from AAA
- Recipient of a James Beard Foundation Award
- Chair of an advisory board for Club + Resort Chef or Club + Resort Business
- Completed a strategic leadership course
- Advisory board chair for a culinary school
- Currently sitting on a foodservice industry steering committee
- Philanthropic participation in a not-for-profit organization that feeds or nourishes those in need
Please verify your name and information and submit the required documentation. Your submission will be reviewed by a panel of your peers and you will receive further correspondence shortly.
CECC Certification requires renewal every five years.